|Discount Mags||Free Tax Filing||Walgreens Coupons|
The Embassy of India is the diplomatic mission of the Republic of India
Consulate General of India are the smaller version of the embassy. Consulates in a sense can be called junior embassies.
Caribbean Islands : Trinidad and Tobago, Cuba, Barbados, Haiti, Netherlands Antilles + Guyana, Suriname
Trinidad and TobagoIndian High Commission, Port of Spain
|#6, Victoria Avenue, Port of Spain|
Trinidad and Tobago
CubaEmbassy of India, Havana
|Calle 21, No.202|
Esquina a K, Vedado, Plaza
BarbadosHonorary Consul of India
|1st Floor, Sandy Crest Medical|
Centre, Sunset Crest, Holetown,
St. James, BB 24015, Barbados.
Netherlands AntillesHonorary Consul of India, Curacao
|c/o Boolchands Free Zone, Lood Dl-1|
Curacao, Netherlands Antilles.
HaitiHonorary Consulate of India, Port-au-Prince
|199, Rue du Magasin de I Etat,|
PO Box No.633, Port-au-Prince,
Republic of Haiti, W.I.
Under Embassy of India, Havana(Cuba)
GuyanaThe High Commission of India, Georgetown
|307, Church & Peter Rose Streets|
SurinameEmbassy of India, Paramaribo
|Chancery: Dr. Sophie Redmondstraat No. 239,|
Indo-Caribbeans are Caribbean people with roots in India and the culture consists of a synthesis of Indian, Creole, Afro Caribbean influences from historical colonizing powers.Consular Services Include : Tourist Visa services (eTourist Visa), Passport services, Surrender / Renunciation certificates, Power of Attorney Attestation POA, OCI Card Services, Attestation of Documents, Life Certificate to Pensioners, Registration for Indian citizenship, Registration of birth of a minor child, Certificate of Date of Birth, MADAD - 'MEA' in Aid of Diaspora in Distress, Registration of Indian Nationals, Tracing the Roots and more. [adinserter block="2"]
- Can I get a visa on arrival to enter India?
- Lost or Stolen Indian Passport
- Can I still travel on my Indian passport on acquiring another country Citizenship?
- Surrender Indian passports
- Transit Visa
- Emergency Visa
- Types Of Indian Visa
- Foreigner Registration
- Visiting Restricted Areas Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Nagaland
- Consular Timings are different from the working hours of the Consulate.
- For security reasons, personal belongings such as backpacks, briefcases, laptops, cell phones, ladies handbags, baby strollers, plastic carry bags, food or drink etc., are not allowed inside the Consulate premises.
- All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad.
- Most India Embassies & Consulates don’t accept applications directly, except for Emergency Visa, Emergency Passport (Tatkaal), and Attestations.
- Consulate’s EMERGENCY contact number (only for genuine emergency after office hours and weekends).
As a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, Indian diplomatic missions in the capitals of other Commonwealth members are known as High Commissions. Today India has more then 124 embassies/high commissions, 48 consulates, 5 permanent missions and 4 other representations.
Latest Contact Information :Contact Details give you the Address, telephone number, fax, email address, emergency consular help number, as well as other related information to Embassy of India.
Can I get a visa on arrival to enter India?eVisa Application You can obtain Electronic Tourist Visa on Arrival valid for 30 days for citizen of specific countries like USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Europe. Check all country list
Lost or Stolen Indian Passport
- First, File a Police Complaint
- Police report is important as it will serve as proof of loss/theft of your passport.
- If a Indian citizen has lost her/his passport overseas, she or he can apply for a new passport through the nearby indian consulates.
- List of All Indian Embassy & Consulates Abroad
- While Travelling Overseas, always keep photocopies of your Passport, the front and back pages. Also, scan your Indian Passport and save the document digitally in your email, cloud storage, or mobile phone.
Can I still travel on my Indian passport on acquiring another country Citizenship?The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955, does not allow dual citizenship. Holding Indian passport/acquiring Indian passport/travelling on Indian passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship constitutes an offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967, and attracts penalties.
Surrender Indian passportsUnder Indian law, Person whose previous nationality was Indian before acquiring any foreign Nationality, are required to surrender their Indian passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post immediately after acquisition of foreign citizenship and obtain a surrender certificate. All applications for renunciation/surrender of Indian passports are to be made at any of the India Visa Application Centres, as per the Jurisdiction.
Transit VisaYou need to apply for a transit visa if you are going to change from an international terminal to a domestic terminal of any Indian airport or if you are going to stay in an airport hotel even for a few hours. You don't need a transit visa if you stay in the waiting area reserved for international transit passengers in an Indian airport. Note that you can stay for a maximum period of 72 hours in India on a transit visa. You should have a confirmed air ticket for the onward journey.
- Emergency visa is issued for travel to India in a medical or any other genuine humanitarian emergency.
- Emergency Visa has to be applied at the Consulate.
- The Consulate normally issues one year multiple entry Tourist visa under Emergency Services.
- Emergency visa can be applied only if the travel is within the next 48 hours from the time of submitting of application.
- Applicant must attach a copy of confirmed air ticket.
- Visa will be granted subject to usual checks.
- Consulates accept payment by draft only. No cash or payment by debit/credit card is accepted for Emergency services at the Consulate.