|AntiVirus Coupons||Cell Phone Deals||Walgreens Photo Coupons|
The Embassy of India is the diplomatic mission of the Republic of India in United States.
Consular Services Include : Tourist Visa services (eTourist), Passport services, Surrender / Renunciation certificates, Power of Attorney Attestation POA, OCI Card Services, Attestation of Documents, Life Certificate to Pensioners, Certificate of Date of Birth and more.
Indian Embassy, Washington DC
2536 Massachusetts Avenue NW
Washington DC 20008
|Web site: Embassy of India, Washington DC
Phone: (202) 939 9888
Fax: (202) 797 4693
Jurisdiction: Bermuda, Delaware (DE), District of Columbia (DC), Kentucky (KY), Maryland (MD), North Carolina (NC), Virginia (VA), West Virginia (WV)
Consulate General of India, Chicago
455 N City Front Plaza Drive
NBC Tower Building Suite 850
Chicago, IL 60611
|Web site: Indian Consulate, Chicago
Fax: (312) 595-0417/18
Indian Consulate in Chicago is located in the NBC tower building.
Jurisdiction: Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Iowa (IA), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Missouri (MO), North Dakota (ND), South Dakota (SD), Wisconsin (WI)
Indian Consulate, New York
3 East 64th Street
New York, NY 10065
|Web site: Indian Consulate, New York
Phone: (212) 774-0600 (during office hours)
Phone: (212) 774-0699 (after office hours & holidays)
Fax: (212) 861-3788
Jurisdiction: Connecticut (CT), Maine (ME), Massachusetts (MA), New Hampshire (NH), New Jersey (NJ), New York (NY), Ohio (OH), Pennsylvania (PA), Rhode Island (RI), Vermont (VT)
Indian Consulate, San Francisco
540 Arguello Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94118
|Web site: Indian Consulate, San Francisco
Phone: (415) 668-0662
Fax: (415) 668-2073
Jurisdiction: Alaska (AK), Arizona (AZ), California (CA), Guam (GU), Hawaii (HI), Idaho (ID), Montana (MT), Nevada (NV), Oregon (OR), Utah (UT), Washington (WA), Wyoming (WY)
Indian Consulate, Houston
4300 Sctoland Street
Houston, TX 77007
|Web site: Indian Consulate, Houston
Telephone PABX: (713) 626-2148, (713) 626-2149, (713) 626-2355
Fax: (713) 626-2450, (713) 627-2034, (713) 993-9347
Jurisdiction: Arkansas (AR), Kansas (KS), Louisiana (LA), Oklahoma (OK), Texas (TX), New Mexico (NM), Colorado (CO) and Nebraska (NE)
Indian Consulate, Atlanta
5549 Glenridge Drive NE
Atlanta GA 30342
|Web site: Indian Consulate, Atlanta
Phone: (:(404) 963 5902
Jurisdiction: Alabama (AL), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Mississippi (MS), Puerto Rico (PR), South Carolina (SC), Tennessee (TN) and Virgin Islands (VI)
The United States has the largest Indian population in the world outside Asia. Indian immigration to North America started as early as the 1890s. Emigration to the US also started in the late 19th and early 20th century.Consular Services Include : Tourist Visa services (eTourist Visa), Passport services, Surrender / Renunciation certificates, Power of Attorney Attestation POA, OCI Card Services, Attestation of Documents, Life Certificate to Pensioners, Registration for Indian citizenship, Registration of birth of a minor child, Certificate of Date of Birth, MADAD - 'MEA' in Aid of Diaspora in Distress, Registration of Indian Nationals, Tracing the Roots and more. [adinserter block="2"]
- Can I get a visa on arrival to enter India?
- Lost or Stolen Indian Passport
- Can I still travel on my Indian passport on acquiring another country Citizenship?
- Surrender Indian passports
- Transit Visa
- Emergency Visa
- Types Of Indian Visa
- Foreigner Registration
- Visiting Restricted Areas Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Nagaland
- Consular Timings are different from the working hours of the Consulate.
- For security reasons, personal belongings such as backpacks, briefcases, laptops, cell phones, ladies handbags, baby strollers, plastic carry bags, food or drink etc., are not allowed inside the Consulate premises.
- All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad.
- Most India Embassies & Consulates don’t accept applications directly, except for Emergency Visa, Emergency Passport (Tatkaal), and Attestations.
- Consulate’s EMERGENCY contact number (only for genuine emergency after office hours and weekends).
As a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, Indian diplomatic missions in the capitals of other Commonwealth members are known as High Commissions. Today India has more then 124 embassies/high commissions, 48 consulates, 5 permanent missions and 4 other representations.
Latest Contact Information :Contact Details give you the Address, telephone number, fax, email address, emergency consular help number, as well as other related information to Embassy of India.
Can I get a visa on arrival to enter India?eVisa Application You can obtain Electronic Tourist Visa on Arrival valid for 30 days for citizen of specific countries like USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Europe. Check all country list
Lost or Stolen Indian Passport
- First, File a Police Complaint
- Police report is important as it will serve as proof of loss/theft of your passport.
- If a Indian citizen has lost her/his passport overseas, she or he can apply for a new passport through the nearby indian consulates.
- List of All Indian Embassy & Consulates Abroad
- While Travelling Overseas, always keep photocopies of your Passport, the front and back pages. Also, scan your Indian Passport and save the document digitally in your email, cloud storage, or mobile phone.
Can I still travel on my Indian passport on acquiring another country Citizenship?The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955, does not allow dual citizenship. Holding Indian passport/acquiring Indian passport/travelling on Indian passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship constitutes an offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967, and attracts penalties.
Surrender Indian passportsUnder Indian law, Person whose previous nationality was Indian before acquiring any foreign Nationality, are required to surrender their Indian passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post immediately after acquisition of foreign citizenship and obtain a surrender certificate. All applications for renunciation/surrender of Indian passports are to be made at any of the India Visa Application Centres, as per the Jurisdiction.
Transit VisaYou need to apply for a transit visa if you are going to change from an international terminal to a domestic terminal of any Indian airport or if you are going to stay in an airport hotel even for a few hours. You don't need a transit visa if you stay in the waiting area reserved for international transit passengers in an Indian airport. Note that you can stay for a maximum period of 72 hours in India on a transit visa. You should have a confirmed air ticket for the onward journey.
- Emergency visa is issued for travel to India in a medical or any other genuine humanitarian emergency.
- Emergency Visa has to be applied at the Consulate.
- The Consulate normally issues one year multiple entry Tourist visa under Emergency Services.
- Emergency visa can be applied only if the travel is within the next 48 hours from the time of submitting of application.
- Applicant must attach a copy of confirmed air ticket.
- Visa will be granted subject to usual checks.
- Consulates accept payment by draft only. No cash or payment by debit/credit card is accepted for Emergency services at the Consulate.