|Discount Mags||Free Tax Filing||Walgreens Coupons|
High Commission of India is the diplomatic mission of the Republic of India in United Kingdom (UK).
Consulate General of India are the smaller version of the embassy. Consulates in a sense can be called junior embassies.
- VFS Global visa, passport, PIO, OCI and consular applications.
- Visa Faq’s
|Embassy / Consulate||Contact Info||Website|
High Comission of IndiaDiplomatic mission of India in the United Kingdom
|India House, Aldwych,|
london, Wc2B 4NA
Phone: +44 20 8629 5950
|High Commission of India|
Cultural SectionIndian High Commission
|8 S Audley St, Mayfair, London W1K 1HF, UK|
Phone: +44 20 7632 3170
|High Commission of India|
BirminghamConsulate General of India
|20 Augusta St, Birmingham B18 6JL, UK|
Phone: +44 121 236 1556
EdinburghConsulate of India
|17 Rutland Square, Edinburgh EH1 2BB, UK|
Phone: +44 131 229 2144
High Comission of India is located in India House on Aldwych, between Bush House, what was Marconi House and the Australia House. It faces both the London School of Economics and King’s College London.
The Indian emigrant community in the United Kingdom is now in its third generation. Indians in the UK are the largest community outside of Asia proportionally, and the second largest in terms of population, only surpassed by the United States, and closely followed by Canada.Consular Services Include : Tourist Visa services (eTourist Visa), Passport services, Surrender / Renunciation certificates, Power of Attorney Attestation POA, OCI Card Services, Attestation of Documents, Life Certificate to Pensioners, Registration for Indian citizenship, Registration of birth of a minor child, Certificate of Date of Birth, MADAD - 'MEA' in Aid of Diaspora in Distress, Registration of Indian Nationals, Tracing the Roots and more. [adinserter block="2"]
- Can I get a visa on arrival to enter India?
- Lost or Stolen Indian Passport
- Can I still travel on my Indian passport on acquiring another country Citizenship?
- Surrender Indian passports
- Transit Visa
- Emergency Visa
- Types Of Indian Visa
- Foreigner Registration
- Visiting Restricted Areas Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Nagaland
- Consular Timings are different from the working hours of the Consulate.
- For security reasons, personal belongings such as backpacks, briefcases, laptops, cell phones, ladies handbags, baby strollers, plastic carry bags, food or drink etc., are not allowed inside the Consulate premises.
- All foreign nationals entering India are required to possess a valid international travel document in the form of a national passport with a valid visa obtained from an Indian Mission or Post abroad.
- Most India Embassies & Consulates don’t accept applications directly, except for Emergency Visa, Emergency Passport (Tatkaal), and Attestations.
- Consulate’s EMERGENCY contact number (only for genuine emergency after office hours and weekends).
As a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, Indian diplomatic missions in the capitals of other Commonwealth members are known as High Commissions. Today India has more then 124 embassies/high commissions, 48 consulates, 5 permanent missions and 4 other representations.
Latest Contact Information :Contact Details give you the Address, telephone number, fax, email address, emergency consular help number, as well as other related information to Embassy of India.
Can I get a visa on arrival to enter India?eVisa Application You can obtain Electronic Tourist Visa on Arrival valid for 30 days for citizen of specific countries like USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Europe. Check all country list
Lost or Stolen Indian Passport
- First, File a Police Complaint
- Police report is important as it will serve as proof of loss/theft of your passport.
- If a Indian citizen has lost her/his passport overseas, she or he can apply for a new passport through the nearby indian consulates.
- List of All Indian Embassy & Consulates Abroad
- While Travelling Overseas, always keep photocopies of your Passport, the front and back pages. Also, scan your Indian Passport and save the document digitally in your email, cloud storage, or mobile phone.
Can I still travel on my Indian passport on acquiring another country Citizenship?The Indian Citizenship Act, 1955, does not allow dual citizenship. Holding Indian passport/acquiring Indian passport/travelling on Indian passport after acquisition of foreign citizenship constitutes an offence under the Indian Passport Act, 1967, and attracts penalties.
Surrender Indian passportsUnder Indian law, Person whose previous nationality was Indian before acquiring any foreign Nationality, are required to surrender their Indian passports to the nearest Indian Mission/Post immediately after acquisition of foreign citizenship and obtain a surrender certificate. All applications for renunciation/surrender of Indian passports are to be made at any of the India Visa Application Centres, as per the Jurisdiction.
Transit VisaYou need to apply for a transit visa if you are going to change from an international terminal to a domestic terminal of any Indian airport or if you are going to stay in an airport hotel even for a few hours. You don't need a transit visa if you stay in the waiting area reserved for international transit passengers in an Indian airport. Note that you can stay for a maximum period of 72 hours in India on a transit visa. You should have a confirmed air ticket for the onward journey.
- Emergency visa is issued for travel to India in a medical or any other genuine humanitarian emergency.
- Emergency Visa has to be applied at the Consulate.
- The Consulate normally issues one year multiple entry Tourist visa under Emergency Services.
- Emergency visa can be applied only if the travel is within the next 48 hours from the time of submitting of application.
- Applicant must attach a copy of confirmed air ticket.
- Visa will be granted subject to usual checks.
- Consulates accept payment by draft only. No cash or payment by debit/credit card is accepted for Emergency services at the Consulate.
Types Of Indian Visa[table id=8 /]
Foreigner RegistrationForeigner registration is compulsory for all foreigners arriving in India on a visa for a period exceeding 6 months, except the exempted categories. Foreigners travelling to India no longer need to physically visit the office of the Foreigner’s Registration Office or Foreigners Regional Registration Office (FRO/FRRO) for visa-related services including registration and visa extension, which will now be offered online through the e-FRRO platform.
I wish to visit certain areas in India like Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Nagaland etc. Can I obtain a visa to visit these areas?A tourist visa is not sufficient to visit these areas because all of these regions in India are restricted/protected areas for which it is necessary to obtain a Restricted/Protected Area Permit (RAP/PAP). This permit can be obtained in India either from the Ministry of Home Affairs or FRRO concerned after entering India with a tourist visa. You can visit certain open areas in Sikkim for a maximum period of 15 days in case you request a 'special endorsement for Sikkim' at the time of applying for your tourist visa.
- List of diplomatic missions of India
- Non-resident Indian and person of Indian origin NRI
- Consul Representative
Greater Manchester, Merseyside, South Yorkshire, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands, West Yorkshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, East Sussex, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Kent, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, North Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire, Somerset and Staffordshire